Vendor Registration for our November 2016 event is now open!
Visit the Vendor Registration page to apply!
Are you looking for more vendor information about what makes us different from other vendor shows, expos and craft fairs?
The Mix & Mingle is about more than making a quick sale. We bring in guests who are looking to spend some time at our event, getting to know the local vendors and their products that are present. At our past events, 95% of the guests stayed for the entire 3 hours! That means that instead of having hoards of visitors clambering by your table asking for freebies, you get a select group that really wants to connect with you and your business. You may not make millions at the Mix & Mingle, but you will establish loyal, lasting networking connections not only with the guests who come to the event, but also with the 39 other vendors. We are creating a community of support and promotion just within our past and present vendors.
We also have the pleasure of offering you exclusivity. We have all been to the events where there are 12 makeup vendors and 8 jewelry vendors in a 20×20 space (awkward). We are not here trying to pack in as many vendors as we can regardless of if they are similar vendors or not, we want to offer a variety of businesses to our Mix & Mingle attendees, and give your business the time to shine on it’s own. This is why we have carefully planned and scheduled the vendors that we do have at each event and use a vendor category system to make sure that nobody’s toes get “stepped on”. Everyone doing their thing, no competition, just you and a wide variety of other small businesses showing off your goodies!
Connect on Social Media:
We have a Facebook group exclusively for Mix and Mingle vendors. You can request to join the group at using this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/800744173317938. Please note that your request to join the group will only be accepted if you are an approved vendor for an upcoming event or have previously been a vendor in the past. Feel free to promote your business here, ask questions, and network with other vendors. These are going to be your peeps for years to come. Make friends, make referrals and help build each other’s small businesses together!
Vendor Event Details
- $50 per vendor space ( 6’ table max.) – Fee covers venue space and clean up costs, marketing and promotion of event (being done through Cape Fear Mix & Mingle – Facebook pages, event page, websites and newsletters, print adds and local calendar inclusions), additional items required to decorate/promote/organize, raffle basket supplies, paper products for food and drink, etc… (*The Food Vendor fee of $50 is refunded the day of the event for vendors that supply appetizers/tastings. This cost secures your space and ensures that we have a food and dessert vendor arrive for each event.)
- Must furnish own table (6 foot maximum length), chair (if needed) and set-up equipment. This is an intimate event, not a huge expo, so please understand that space is limited. Most vendors set up directly against the wall and mingle about in front of the tables at these events. Please contact us if you have any special needs or requests. Wi-fi and outlets are available.
- Vendors must donate one item towards silent auction (this can be a physical item, a gift certificate for your goods or services, or random items: candles, bottles of wine, etc… with a minimum value of $25) – proceeds from the silent auction will be donated to our chosen Non-Profit for the event. These are tax deductible donations, please contact us for the sponsored Non-Profit’s EIN number to claim. Vendors will not be added to our online directory until their silent auction donation is received.
- 40 Vendor Spaces Available – First Come, First Serve. No double vendors but can have similar vendors (i.e. – can not have two Mary Kay reps set up, but there can be a family photographer and a boudoir photographer as long as this is what they specialize in). See our Vendor Categories page for additional details and examples.
- Donation to swag bags and/or door prizes is appreciated, but not required (a coupon for your goods or services or small item with your business card is a great/inexpensive way to be included and receive additional exposure!). Swag bag items and door prizes donated should be of a smaller value than that of the items donated to the silent auction baskets and are also tax deductible.
- Vendors may show up to set up at 5:00 p.m. on the day of the event, breakdown will begin at 10:00 p.m.
- Cut-Off for Vendor application ends once our vendor spaces are filled. We post regular updates on our Facebook page, so please follow it closely for vendor space information and updates. Once your application is approved, you will be contacted with a link to pay for your vendor space online through the Cape Fear Mix & Mingle site. Payment due dates are strictly enforced as we always have a wait list for vendor spaces for each event. Payments are non-fundable, please check your schedule before applying.
- Donations to Silent Auction/Door Prizes and Swag Bags due no later than 3 weeks from the event. Donations pick up dates, times and places will be arranged and vendors will be contacted with this information via email.
- Vendors are encouraged to share and promote this event themselves via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, word of mouth…etc. Flyers are available here: November 2016 CFMM Flyer, if you would like to print, distribute/hand them out or post them at your local daycare, school or dance studio. The more promotion done, the more successful this event will be!